Seung-Hoon Lee, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Associate
Seung-Hoon’s research focuses on liver regeneration.
Education & Training
- Ph.D. from Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea, 2018
- M.S. from Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
- B.S. from Chungang University, Seoul, Korea, 2007
1. So J, Kim M, Lee SH, Ko S, Lee DA, Park H, Azuma M, Parsons MJ, Prober D, Shin D (2020), Attenuating the EGFR-ERK-SOX9 axis promotes liver progenitor cell-mediated liver regeneration in zebrafish. Hepatology, doi: 10.1002/hep.31437
2. Seung-Hoon Lee, Jae-Su Moon, Bo-Yeong Park, Geon-Woo Kim, Wooseong Lee, Hee Cho, SangKyu Kim and Jong-Won Oh. (2018) HA1077 displays synergistic activity with daclatasvir against hepatitis C virus and suppresses the emergence of NS5A resistance-associated substitutions in mice. Sci. Rep. 8(1):12469.
3. Jae-Su Moon, Seung-Hoon Lee, Song-Hee Han, Eun-Jung Kim, Hee Cho, Wooseong Lee, Mi-Kyung Kim, Tae-Eun Kim, Hyun-Ji Park, Jin-Kyu Rhee, Seong-Jun Kim, Seung-Woo Cho, Seung Hyun Han, Jong-Won Oh. (2016) Inhibition of hepatitis C virus in mouse models by lipidoid nanoparticle-mediated systemic delivery of siRNA against PRK2. Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine 12:1489-1498. Co-first.
4. Jae-Su Moon, Seung-Hoon Lee, Eun-Jung Kim, Hee Cho, Wooseong Lee, Geon-Woo Kim, Hyun-Ji Park, Seung-Woo Cho, Choongho Lee, Jong-Won Oh. (2016) Inhibition of Hepatitis C Virus in Mice by a Small Interfering RNA Targeting a Highly Conserved Sequence in Viral IRES Pseudoknot. PLoS One. 11;014670. Co-first.
5. Wooseong Lee, Seung-Hoon Lee, Minwoo Kim, Jae-Su Moon, Geon-Woo Kim, Hae-Gwang Jung, In Hwang Kim, Ji Eun Oh, Hi Eun Jung, Heung Kyu Lee, Keun Bon Ku, Dae-Gyun Ahn, Seong-Jun Kim, Kun-Soo Kim & Jong-Won Oh. (2018) Vibrio vulnificus quorum-sensing molecule cyclo (Phe-Pro) inhibits RIG-I-mediated antiviral innate immunity. Nat. Commun. 9(1):1606, DOI: 10.1038/s41467-018-04075-1.
6. Wooseong Lee, Minwoo Kim, Seung-Hoon Lee, Hae-Gwang Jung and Jong-Won Oh. (2018) Prophylactic efficacy of orally administered Bacillus poly-γ-glutamic acid, a non-LPS TLR4 ligand, against norovirus infection in mice. Sci. Rep. 8(1):8667.
7. Song-Hee Han, Seong-Jun Kim, Eun-Jung Kim, Tae-Eun Kim, Jae-Su Moon, Geon-Woo Kim, Seung-Hoon Lee, Kun Cho, Jong Shin Yoo, Woo Sung Son, Jin-Kyu Rhee, Seung Hyun Han and Jong-Won Oh. (2014) Phosphorylation of hepatitis C virus RNA polymerase Ser29 and Ser42 by PRK2 regulates viral RNA replication. J Virol. 88: 11240-11252.
8. Mi-Gyeong Kim, Jae-Su Moon, Eun-Jung Kim, Seung-Hoon Lee, Jong-Won Oh. (2012) Destabilization of PDK1 by Hsp90 inactivation suppresses hepatitis C virus replication through inhibition of PRK2-mediated viral RNA polymerase phosphorylation. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 421: 112-118.
9. Ji-min Sun, Seong-jun Kim, Geon-woo Kim, Jin-Kyu Rhee, Nam doo Kim, Jungae Jeun, Seung-Hoon Lee, Seung hyun Han, Chul soo Shin, Jong-won Oh. (2012) Inhibition of hepatitis C virus replication by Monascus pigment derivatives that interfere with viral RNA polymerase activity and the mevalonate biosynthesis pathway. J. Antimicrob. Chemother., 67;49-48.
1. To establish zebrafish models for hepatocyte reprogramming to biliary epithelial cells
2. To elucidate the molecular mechanisms of hepatocyte reprogramming
3. The role of epigenetic factors in hepatocyte reprogramming