Yijen Wu, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Director of Animal Imaging Core
My research interest is to understand the heart-brain-placenta connection from fetal development throughout the postnatal periods, by leveraging novel multi-facet Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) methodology in pre-clinical models for translatable diagnosis, risk stratification, outcome prediction, and potential therapeutic strategy. I aim to launch sensitive imaging methodology in order (A) to understand etiology and reveal what cannot be seen, understood, or appreciated with current clinical practice by developing more sensitive advance imaging methods; (B) to facilitate early detection and diagnosis before irreversible tissue damage occurs to allow timely intervention; and (C) establish non-invasive imaging-based surrogate biomarkers for guiding therapeutic development and efficacy.
- Wu YL, Lo CW. Diverse application of MRI for mouse phenotyping. Birth Defects Res. 2017 Jun 1;109(10):758-770. PubMed PMID: 28544650.
- Liu X, Yagi H, Saeed S, Bais AS, Gabriel GC, Chen Z, Peterson KA, Li Y, Schwartz MC, Reynolds WT, Saydmohammed M, Gibbs B, Wu Y, Devine W, Chatterjee B, Klena NT, Kostka D, de Mesy Bentley KL, Ganapathiraju MK, Dexheimer P, Leatherbury L, Khalifa O, Bhagat A, Zahid M, Pu W, Watkins S, Grossfeld P, Murray SA, Porter GA Jr, Tsang M, Martin LJ, Benson DW, Aronow BJ, Lo CW. The complex genetics of hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Nat Genet. 2017 Jul;49(7):1152- 1159. PubMed PMID:28530678.
- Yeh FC, Liu L, Hitchens TK, Wu YL. Mapping immune cell infiltration using restricted diffusion MRI. Magn Reson Med. 2017 Feb;77(2):603-612. PubMed PMID: 26843524.
- Wu Y, Pearce PS, Rapuano A, Hitchens TK, de Lanerolle NC, Pan JW. Metabolic changes in early poststatus epilepticus measured by MR spectroscopy in rats. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2015 Nov;35(11):1862-70. PubMed PMID: 26104287.
- Wu YL, Ye Q, Eytan DF, Liu L, Rosario BL, Hitchens TK, Yeh FC, Rooijen van N, Ho C. Magnetic resonance imaging investigation of macrophages in acute cardiac allograft rejection after heart transplantation. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2013 Nov;6(6):965-73. PubMed PMID: 24097421; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3886711.
- Wu YL, Ye Q, Ho C. Cellular and Functional Imaging of Cardiac Transplant Rejection. Curr Cardiovasc Imaging Rep. 2011 Feb 1;4(1):50-62. PubMed PMID: 21359095; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3045087.
- Wu YL, Ye Q, Sato K, Foley LM, Hitchens TK, Ho C. Noninvasive evaluation of cardiac allograft rejection by cellular and functional cardiac magnetic resonance. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2009 Jun;2(6):731-41. PubMed PMID: 19520344; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2752220.
- Wu YL, Ye Q, Foley LM, Hitchens TK, Sato K, Williams JB, Ho C. In situ labeling of immune cells with iron oxide particles: an approach to detect organ rejection by cellular MRI. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2006 Feb 7;103(6):1852-7. PubMed PMID: 16443687; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC1413627.